Use this as a resource for Wood-Mode updates, Job Fairs for former employees and other assistance for the former workers. Visit often for updates and more information.
News stories and Interviews:
- Sunbury attorney to file suit against Wood-Mode to get 401K’s, pensions
- Former Wood-Mode employees hoping to return to work
- Next steps for former Wood-Mode employees
- Wood-Mode employees getting personal belongings
- OTM AUDIO HERE: Resiliency in the Valley after Wood-Mode layoffs
- Where Wood-Mode Working Family Fund money is going
- AUDIO HERE: Sunbury Attorney Joel Wiest on Wood-Mode meeting in Harrisburg
- STORY HERE: Attorney Wiest’s meeting with Governor Tom Wolf et. al.
- Geisinger offering help for their former health plan holders
- SU, PA CareerLink partner to offer free services to Wood-Mode employees
- The Wood-Mode Family Fund has been established
- Geisinger activates health plans for Wood-Mode employees
- SU Professor on Venture Capitalists and Wood-Mode’s future
- Grim text messages received by Wood-Mode employees
- It’s over…Wood-Mode staffers get official word
- Wood-Mode employees invited to free legal help meeting.
- On The Mark: Attorney Joel Wiest and others on Wood-Mode
- On The Mark: Wood-Mode shutdown, what went wrong and why the state can’t help
- Rapid Response Team to hold meeting with Wood-Mode workers and families
- Wood-Mode releases statement on layoffs
- Sen. Gordner: Assistance available for Wood-Mode workers
- Wood-Mode: The letter given to employees
- Massive layoff at Wood-Mode, breaking news Monday 5/13
- AD Tanglewood Conservatories Opportunities for Careers
- Lone Oak Financial Services is welcoming any Wood Mode employees to his office, offering a no cost consultation to help with Health Care Solutions, pensions, 401K rollovers, and other financial questions. 8 Commerce Ave., Selinsgrove. Call 888-275-4236.
- Omniwealth Group is offering free financial planning information: For any affected employees to help them navigate this sudden transition and avoid any rash and harmful financial decisions in the process. OMNIWEALTH GROUP, 888 822-OMNI (6664)
- Snyder County Libraries are offering help with resumes, online applications and learning to use email so that they can interact with potential employers. At Gelnett Library in Selinsgrove, staff and volunteers will be on hand to assist with these tasks during the following times: 9:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday through Friday. 9:30am to 4:30pm Saturday. Additionally, they say Commonwealth Libraries has an easy to use Resume Builder that allows you to quickly create a professional-quality resume. All four of our libraries (Selinsgrove, Middleburg, Beavertown and McClure) have computers and printers available for public use. For more information, please call 570-374-7163.