TUNKHANNOCK, Pa. (AP) — In Tunkhannock Weis Markets is open again after last month’s shooting deaths of three workers. The company says the store opened at 6 a.m. Thursday, and virtually all of the 88 employees returned to work. The company’s been paying them while the store was closed.
Spokesman Dennis Curtin says the interior’s been repainted, the bathrooms are renovated and there’s new decor, cases, shelving and fixtures. It’s been more than a month since 24-year-old Randy Stair of Dallas, Pennsylvania, carried out a plan to block the exits after hours and murder his fellow night shift workers. Stair had expressed violent and suicidal threats in an extensive set of online postings. Authorities say Stair fired 59 rounds on June 8.


