WILLIAMSPORT– A Union County teen will not be returning to school this fall after making threats earlier this year to ‘shoot up’ the Montgomery Area High School. A Lycoming County judge set the terms of 18-year-old Joshua Bower’s three-year probation term Friday. Pennlive.com says Bower was sentenced after pleading guilty to two counts of terroristic threats.
The paper says March 6, after breaking up with his girlfriend Bower messaged a friend on social media saying “I’m finding my gun” and “I’m going to shoot up the school.” Bower also sent a text saying he was going to kill the boyfriend of his former girlfriend.
Lycoming County Judge Marc Lovecchio sentenced Bower to 25 to 50 days in prison, which he served when he was unable to post bail of $100,000. Bower will be unable to possess a firearm ever again, and as part of his probation Bower will not be allowed to have access to video games, a smart phone, or social media. Bower will also have to perform 75 hours of community services and the 11th grader will not be allowed back at the Montgomery High School.


