Hiatus Coming for ‘Re-Creation’
PORT TREVORTON – A locally based national touring group, which has performed thousands of concerts for hospitalized veterans is going on a hiatus. The reason – there are no performers available to keep their mission going for first time in its history.
The group, ‘Re-Creation’ made the announcement Monday it will begin its hiatus August 1. The groups’ Board of Directors says the group will continue performing until July 31, when their current cast is leaving.
The group says they are still looking for cast members and are accepting applications. So far, the group says no young person has expressed interest. There is application information on the Re-Creation Facebook page.
Re-Creation also says its national sponsors are considering their options but it’s expected that most, if not all, will have to limit or suspend their support.
During the hiatus, Re-Creation says it could keep the extension to veterans on YouTube through ‘Show Uploads.’ They would include personal shutouts to veterans, followed by edited versions of shows from the group’s 40-plus years of video archives.
Re-Creation was founded in 1976, providing the only live, therapeutic entertainment presence in our nation’s VA Medical Centers.


