Several Local School Districts Awarded Safety Grants
HARRISBURG – The Pennsylvania Department of Education has awarded several schools safety grants. The funds, which total between $11,000 – $60,000, were distributed the local school districts listed:
- Milton Area SD – $20,000 for programming.
- Mount Carmel Area SD – $25,000 for equipment.
- Mount Carmel Area SD – $60,000 for their school resource officer.
- Northumberland Christian School – $17,000 for equipment.
- Northumberland Christian School – $12,000 for programming.
- Shamokin Area SD – $20,000 for programming.
- Joseph School – $25,000 for equipment.
The funding was announced by state Senator John Gordner (R-27th, Berwick) who said he was pleased about the numerous school districts receiving awards. He said the funding is for school police officers, resource officers, equipment and other programming.