KOK Sunrise with Mark Lawrence Friday, June 30, 2023:
This Morning — America’s First News with Gordon Deal:
- President Biden has a different strategy to prevent a recession, and it just might work…
- ‘Julie on the Job’ says despite layoffs, this is now the best time to find a new job…
- When is free speech, hate speech? We know the answer…
7:10am: David Rowe, State Representative (R-85th, Lewisburg), on the Penn State Pitt funding dispute, the scholarships for failing schools, the education funding crisis, and how much he loves being a State House member. WKOK spoke to Rep. Rowe for five minutes during a Central PA Chamber of Commerce ‘Inside Jobs’ tour Wednesday (recorded).
7:40am: Movie Mike McGranaghan, professional movie critic, author, and ‘women in cinema’ advocate with his latest review; ‘No Hard Feelings,’ and he’ll have mini-reviews of ‘Asteroid City,’ and ‘Sound of Freedom.’ In entertainment news, we’ll talk about the legacy and career of Frederic Forest who died at the age of 86, and actor John Boyega had an update on the Jamie Foxx medical condition. Mike will be on the WKOK campus about 7:20am or so.
On The Mark with guest co-host John Shipman:
- 8:30am to 9:00: Judy Silverstein-Gray, author, retired US Coast Guard chief petty officer, on her book, Unwavering: The Wives Who Fought To Ensure No Man Was Left Behind, and Nada Gray, former Mayor of Lewisburg, and very active community member, advocate and leader. Judy will talk about the remarkable book that chronicles the dramatic story of women back home to bring POWs back from Vietnam. The captured men were forgotten nationally, and militarily, but the women locally took action, pushed Washington, fought the US military establishment and worked to save the men, and remember them. Guests will be on the WKOK campus about 8:15am or so. There are other book promotional appearances scheduled:
- Friday June 30, 2023: 5:00 pm: Meet the author, Barnes and Noble@ Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa.
- Saturday July 1, 2023- Co-author Judy Silverstein Gray will read the Declaration of Independence, and sign books, Peter Herdic House, Williamsport, Pa.
- Saturday August 19: Otto’s Bookstore, Williamsport, Pa.
9:06am to 10:00am: We’ll talk about the relative criminality of Pres. Trump and Pres. Biden, and the two tiered justice system and other bi-partisian proof…’we’re goin’ down…’
Photo by Sara Lauver. Another stunner of a sunrise recently, at the Sunbury Broadcasting Corporation