NORTHUMBERLAND – The annual holiday toy drive in Northumberland is underway, in honor of a former borough police chief. The annual Chief Martin Concini toy Drive is now underway, and Northumberland Police say unwrapped toys can be dropped off at four different locations:
- Northumberland Police Station or Borough Office
- Priestley/Forsyth Library on King Street
- Northumberland National Bank on Front Street
- Surplus Outlet on Route 11
- Pineknotter Brewing at 254 Front Street
Northumberland police tell us, in 1990, the late Chief Concini desired to contribute to families in need, and started the toy drive, which ended with his death in 1992. The program resumed in 1998 and has grown considerably since then.