Use this as a resource for Wood-Mode updates, Job Fairs for former employees and other assistance for the former workers. Visit often for updates and more information.
News stories and Interviews:
Former Wood-Mode employees offered plans from Geisinger…LEWISBURG— Geisinger has activated a team of people from their health plans to assist Wood-Mode employees. Geisinger’s goal is to assist employees to secure health care coverage. In addition, Geisinger is opening a temporary walk-in customer care center at Susquehanna Valley Mall through the end of the month. To help employees find new jobs, Geisinger will be participating in several area job fairs as well has having recruitment specialists available at our Susquehanna Valley Mall location. Those with questions about continuing their health care coverage can call Geisinger at 1-800-293-7162 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- The Wood-Mode Family Fund has been established
- Geisinger activates health plans for Wood-Mode employees
- SU Professor on Venture Capitalists and Wood-Mode’s future
- Grim text messages received by Wood-Mode employees
- It’s over…Wood-Mode staffers get official word
- Wood-Mode employees invited to free legal help meeting.
- On The Mark: Attorney Joel Wiest and others on Wood-Mode
- On The Mark: Wood-Mode shutdown, what went wrong and why the state can’t help
- Rapid Response Team to hold meeting with Wood-Mode workers and families
- Wood-Mode releases statement on layoffs
- Sen. Gordner: Assistance available for Wood-Mode workers
- Wood-Mode: The letter given to employees
- Massive layoff at Wood-Mode, breaking news Monday 5/13
- AD Tanglewood Conservatories Opportunities for Careers
- Lone Oak Financial Services is welcoming any Wood Mode employees to his office, offering a no cost consultation to help with Health Care Solutions, pensions, 401K rollovers, and other financial questions. 8 Commerce Ave., Selinsgrove. Call 888-275-4236.
- Omniwealth Group is offering free financial planning information: For any affected employees to help them navigate this sudden transition and avoid any rash and harmful financial decisions in the process. OMNIWEALTH GROUP, 888 822-OMNI (6664)
- Snyder County Libraries are offering help with resumes, online applications and learning to use email so that they can interact with potential employers. At Gelnett Library in Selinsgrove, staff and volunteers will be on hand to assist with these tasks during the following times: 9:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday through Friday. 9:30am to 4:30pm Saturday. Additionally, they say Commonwealth Libraries has an easy to use Resume Builder that allows you to quickly create a professional-quality resume. All four of our libraries (Selinsgrove, Middleburg, Beavertown and McClure) have computers and printers available for public use. For more information, please call 570-374-7163.