Chelsey Davis, Figo Fitness founder, entrepreneur, and diet, kinesiology and nutrition expert, on fun helps for families who are hunkered down at home. We’ll talk about free resources, a top 10 list of great, fun, indoor-and-outdoor activities, and how to beef up your immunity. We’ll discuss her Facebook live workouts and how we can all somehow live without a gym!
10 Ways to Stay “Figo” (Healthy) While Staying At Home
- Stock Up The Pantry– Healthy recipes you can freeze or share with others since you’re probably cooking more than ever, Chelsey’s pantry must haves (I made a list on FB), my fav recipes I’m making, food prep with your extra time so you have healthy foods to grab
- Try Something New– fitness- online classes via youtube, facebook & instagram live, food- new recipe or meal prep delivery system
- Rev Your Immune System– Vitamin C (supplementation good, multivitamin), high alkaline foods have anti inflammatory benefits (give examples), avoid artificial sweeteners & processed foods, antioxidants can decrease inflammation & free radical formation, limit alcohol intake
- Keep Healthy Weight- Check in Each week (but not too often), Get Moving and Eat Healthy
- Count Your Steps- minimum 10k/day, watch how sedentary you are with staying at home more and watching netflix!
- Get Outside-Rejuvinate yourself with fresh air, try a new walk or hike (local areas)
- Drink Tea-anti-inflammatory benefits and distressing, soothe a sore throat (if you already are sick, you want to get well asap so you’re immune system isn’t already down and out making you more susceptible to picking up viruses)
- Meditate & Pray- Things are out of your control, control what you can, deep breathing techniques, keep things in perspective, what I do
- Sleep- at least 7-9 hours/night, one study shows subjects who slept less than 5 hour/night were at 50% greater risk of pneumonia,
- Treat Yo’ Self– get motivated by buying a new pair of sneakers workout gear like yoga mat or headphones, fitness toy, cooking gadget you’ve always wanted