UPDATE FROM CORONER: Shamokin woman dies in house fire

UPDATE 1:30PM:

SHAMOKIN — It was a Shamokin woman killed in a house fire this morning. According to the Northumberland County Coroner James Kelley, 75-year-old Patricia Schminkey, of 130 East Dewart Street, Shamokin died in the blaze that broke out at about 6:30am. Kelley says she died of “carbon monoxide toxicity” and was pronounced dead at the scene about 7:30 this morning. He says she was identified by family at the morgue at Geisinger-Shamokin Area Community Hospital.  Kelley says he was assisted today by Chief Deputy Coroner James Gotlob.
Kelley says, the investigation is ongoing by the Coroner Office, Shamokin Police and Fire Departments and Pennsylvania State Police.

SHAMOKIN – The Northumberland County Coroner has now been called to scene of a house fire in Shamokin. According to the Northumberland County Fire Wire, the fire was first reported with entrapment around 6:30 a.m. The fire was reported at 130 East Dewart Street.

 

Northumberland County Communications says no other injuries have been reported and the fire has been extinguished. County communications says roads are closed around the area. We’re working to gather more details.

About The Author